Unique Event Venues, Places and Spaces
All our Secret Spaces are hand-picked not just because they’re located in a spectacular place, but also for their uniqueness, their quirkiness and for quite simply being, fabulous.
Whichever event venue, space or place you choose, your enquiry, as well as the event itself will be handled directly by the amazing team onsite. After all, they are the experts!
Our venues pay us membership fee to be featured on Secret Spaces, so there’s no hidden costs or commission on any bookings.
Start your search of our curated collection of amazing event venues here…
A Secret Space…
- Stands out from the crowd; the very definition of unique, cool, contemporary
- Has a remarkable history and a story to tell
- Maybe hidden behind the closed doors of a restaurant private dining room or in vaulted cellars beneath a historic building
- Provides a blank canvas to decorate and adapt to create an event that delivers on every detail
- Is spectacular; think a roof terrace with amazing views or a photogenic, jaw-dropping location
- Provides a breath of fresh air in hidden courtyards and secret gardens
- Rarely opens its doors for events, but for the right occasions allows access to the usually inaccessible
- Captures the imagination as the backdrop to your event, whatever the occasion
Meet our Founder, Susan Duncombe
I’m Susan Duncombe, founder of Secret Spaces.
I’m a lover of the finer things in life – travel, amazing places, good food and great wine. I also love creating, planning and organising. I’ve spent much of my career designing and running successful events, both for major organisations and while running my own event management company, creating and delivering fabulous foodie experiences.
In fact, I’ve been lucky enough to have a career made up almost entirely of highlights. Like working at American Express, where I established exclusive membership programmes, organised cardmember events such as elite tasting dinners and film premiere parties, and looked after clients such as Marco Pierre White and Gordon Ramsay. Or the five years I spent living my dream of running an events business in Barbados – combining my passion for food with my love of the island. It was here that I organised an annual 10-day food festival that turned the spotlight on the wealth of great restaurants and local food, while featuring visiting chefs such as John Torode and Brian Turner.
I’ve also been fortunate to help bring to life many private celebrations – weddings, milestone birthdays and group retreats. These special celebrations mean so much to the host and their guests, and – done well – lead to a lifetime of happy memories.
I set up Secret Spaces because I firmly believe that the backdrop to any event is an important aspect of making it a great success. And to showcase the amazing event venues there are set in the glorious countryside across the UK. If you’d like help in finding the perfect venue for your event then please get in touch – the team would love to hear from you.