1. Who is responsible for managing my information?
This website is owned and maintained by Secret Spaces Events Ltd of 20/22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU (“we” or “us”). This is our Privacy Notice.
We are responsible for the collection and proper management of any personal information you give us. We will keep your personal details secure and use the information you provide consistently with applicable privacy and data protection laws and the terms of this Privacy Notice.
2. What information do we collect?
If you choose to make a booking/order services through us we will collect details that you provide in relation to that booking/order. Information held is likely to include your name, contact details, payment details, details/information about people at your event, information about the event you wish to book, information about your booking/order and any additional information we may need to help meet your specific requirements.
If you choose to let/advertise your venue through us or provide services through us we will collect details such as your name, contact details, bank account details, details of your business and details regarding the venue/accommodation you wish to make available for booking.
We also collect some website usage information. We do this using “cookies”. For further information about cookies and how we use them please see our Cookies Policy.
3. How do we use your information?
The information you provide may be used in a number of ways, for example:
- to enable us to complete your order and provide you with services (if you are booking a venue and/or event management services);
- to enable us to advertise your venue or services, arrange bookings of your venue or services, transfer payments due to you and to provide any related services (if you are advertising your venue through us or providing services through us);
- for statistical purposes when we evaluate our range of services;
- to personalise repeat visits to our websites;
- to tell you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you;
- to manage customer service queries; and
- to help us to provide details or information you may have requested.
4. Who will you share my information with?
In order to provide you with the services that we offer we may share your information with:
- owners of venues and service providers such as caterers or florists (if you are booking a venue or event management services);
- individuals who may be booking venues or services from you (if you are a venue owner or service provider);
- credit/debit card companies;
- other third parties who we may need to work with to fulfil your requirements on your behalf.
- If you agree, we may also pass on your information for the purposes of conducting a credit check.
We may also disclose your personal data without your permission to the extent that we are required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
5. On what legal basis will we process your information?
We will always process your personal information on lawful grounds and in particular on the grounds set out below:-
Performance of a Contract
If you buy services from or through us we will use the details that you provide to provide those services to you. This information is likely to include your name, contact details, payment details, information about your order and any additional information we may need to help meet your specific requirements.
If you advertise your venue or services through us we will collect details such as your name, contact details, bank account details and details regarding your venue or services to perform our agreement(s) with you.
If you do not provide us with the information set out in this paragraph, then we may not be able to provide our services.
As below, we may use your name and contact details to tell you about our products and services which we think may be of interest to you and which is in our legitimate interest.
You can ask us to stop doing so at any time.
We may also use some of your information to evaluate our services.
We may also share your contact details with other selected companies who we think may have products or services that may interest you.
We will always ask your consent before we do this and you can ask us to stop doing so at any time.
We will also process your personal data when we are legally obliged to do so and for such purposes as the law may require
6. When can we contact you in the future?
We would like to send you information about our own products and services. We may do this by post, telephone, email or SMS, unless you have told us that you do not wish to be contacted in this way.
If you would like to change any of your preferences relating to the way in which we may use your information for direct marketing, then please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at Secret Spaces Events Ltd, 20/22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU.
7. How long will we hold your information for?
We have a system of retention periods in place to ensure that your information is only stored whilst it is required for the relevant purposes or to meet legal requirements. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of in a secure manner.
8. How can you access and update your information?
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email us at email@example.com or contact us at Secret Spaces Events Ltd, 20/22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
9. Does the notice apply to linked websites?
Our websites may contain links to other websites. This privacy notice only applies to this website so when you link to other websites you should read their own privacy policies.
10. How do we update this privacy notice?
We keep our privacy notice under regular review and we will place any updates on our webpage.
11. Your Rights
You have the right to ask us at any time:-
- to confirm whether we hold any of your personal data;
- to send you a copy of any personal data that we hold about you;
- to correct any inaccuracies in and to update any of your personal data;
- to delete (to the extent possible) any of your personal data, where we are required by law to do so;
- to stop processing your personal data, where we are required by law to do so;
- to let you have a portable copy of the personal data we hold about you, where we are required by law to do so;
- to stop processing any of your personal data that we process on the basis of our legitimate interests; and
- to stop sending you marketing material. However please note that we may continue to send you service related (i.e. non-marketing) communications, such as email updates).
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or wish to object to our use of your personal information, please write to us at the address given below.
You also have the right to raise any concerns with The UK Information Commissioner:
This site is not directed at anyone who we know to be under the age of 16, nor do we collect any personal information from anyone who we know to be under the age of 16. If you are under the age of 16, you should not use the platform and should not submit any personal information to us.
13. Who can I contact if I have queries about this privacy notice or want to exercise my rights?
Please contact us if you have any questions about our privacy notice or information we hold about you or if you wish to exercise any of your rights.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or write to us at: Secret Spaces Events Ltd, 20/22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU
Or call us on: +44 1242 572141