Take a look and book one of our party venues
Beautifully refurbished Georgian house, set in the stunning Cotswolds countryside surrounded by rolling park and woodland.
Beautiful thatched threshing barn situated on a working farm.
This stately manor house sits in its own picturesque Cotswolds hamlet.
Luxury purpose-built corporate event venue situated on a private family estate in rural Herefordshire.
Worked with companies big and small to host unforgettable corporate events.
A multi-purpose space suitable for meetings, team building away days, parties and weddings.
Peaceful seclusion offered by this Grade II listed manor house turned exclusive hire event venue.
Stunning multi-purpose venue dating back to 1056.
Wide range of challenging but fun activities and experiences that the team at Hillside can organise.
Island Hall is full of beautifully sourced pieces that complement the stunning renovation work of this 18th century property.
As you drive down the private road to Kingscote Barn, you leave all the stresses and strains of life behind you at the gate.
This family-run venue gives you the flexibility to make it your own, to put your own individual stamp on your event.
Steeped in history, this colourful property with its stunning formal gardens sits proudly in the glorious Cotswold countryside.
Perfectly linked design and décor to fit in with their surroundings, which dates back to the Doomsday Book.
Floor to ceiling glass doors open out onto a Cloister Garden, complete with fountain for al fresco drinks receptions.
Boasting 230 acres of space and stunning historic architecture.
1,000-year history with the ultimate wow-factor for an event.
The rustic charm of the original farm barns with the modern purpose-built additions make this a stunning event venue.
For eating, drinking and meeting this Secret Space really does have it all.
This is one of Cheltenham’s best kept secrets when it comes to event space.
The C16 barn oozes historic character from its thick stone walls and the exposed wooden beams.
With views of historic St. Mary’s Minster, the roof terrace here really is a hidden gem in the heart of Regency Cheltenham.
What’s not to like? An event space dedicated to tasting wonderful wine gets our vote.
Nestled at the foot of the Malvern Hills sits one of the UK’s finest Showgrounds.
What to look for in a party venue
When planning a party – whether it’s a big surprise bash, a work summer or Christmas party or a more intimate gathering for close family and friends – there are a number of factors to consider when choosing party venues to ensure it’s a special and memorable occasion.
We’ve put together a handy list of party-planning tips to keep in mind when organising the perfect get-together:
How to price up a party venue
When approaching a party venue for the first time, have some details to hand and an idea of your budget. As well as the venue’s hire price, they will want to have an indication on the number of guests, as well as any catering that might be required. Other price variables could include entertainment options, what day of the week your party falls on and whether or not you require any technical equipment for a band or DJ.
Three things to think about when choosing party locations
- Think carefully about the area in which you are hosting the party. For those driving to the venue, investigate the parking arrangements and be ready to inform your guests or any directions or charges.
- Guests who don’t drive, or who will want to enjoy a few drinks, will be looking for alternative transport plans once the festivities are over. Is your party venue close to a bus or train route, or is there a local taxi company you could strike up a deal with? Make sure your partygoers are safe in the knowledge that their trip home is organised once they’ve partied the night away.
- As we know all too well, British weather can be unreliable at best! Even if your birthday party falls in the heart of summer, don’t be complacent and assume the weather conditions will allow you to make use of any outdoor space at the venue. A top tip is to contact your venue in advance to feel confident that, whatever the weather, your guests can be comfortably accommodated inside. Oxleaze Barn in the heart of the Cotswolds is a perfect spot, with ample space inside and an additional walled garden when the party spills outside.
How to keep your guests entertained at your party
There are many tricks you can pull out of your sleeve to keep guests entertained – and good party venues can help you put a real spark into proceedings. Music and alcohol are two big winners at any bash, so check in advance that the birthday party venues you’re considering have the appropriate licenses to make sure you can let your hair down.
Live music is a great addition to any party, so you may like to search for a venue with a suitable PA system, amps, microphones and stands – they may even be able to put you in touch with some popular local bands. If that falls slightly out of your budget, consider what equipment you may need to run a Spotify playlist – the venue will be able to inform you if they have reliable internet connection, speakers and adapters, and will be able to advise on the acoustics in the room for music of any kind.
Party venues will be able to provide pricing options for catering – whether that’s nibbles and canopies or a full sit-down three-course meal. Your party planner can advise and price the most suitable food and drink package for your hungry guests! Be sure to discuss all of the options available to you. If you think your party requires a buffet, you might want to look at serving street food or tapas as opposed to a sandwich platter.
On a more basic level, check in with your venue for basic amenities such as bathrooms and baby-changing facilities, wheelchair accessibility and any security you may need in place – that may be as simple as venue staff taking names and collecting coats and bags for the cloakroom. For a more low-key affair, it could be a case of finding a side room or safe corner within the venue to store prams, bicycles and coats.
Top tips when considering the style and décor of party venues:
When searching for places to have a party, consider the vibe and atmosphere most suited to your guests
- If the ambiance doesn’t quite match your style, you may be able to decorate and shift props within the venue until it’s more closely aligned to your tastes.
- It is a real time-saver to visit a few party venues in advance to get a feel for the space and understand how your guests will interact with it.
- Look at the architecture, interiors, colour schemes and layout and try to visualise your party ahead of the day. This may not be as crucial for a low-key affair, but if you’re planning a surprise party or milestone birthday, the aesthetics of the venue can add a real wow-factor and enhance a fantastic occasion.
The Clarence Social in Cheltenham comes highly recommended!
Think carefully about the capacity of your party place…
Parties can range from small get-togethers to huge events, so your venue will need to be able to accommodate accordingly. Some event spaces have multiple rooms – and this may be a great idea to create different atmospheres, catering for those who want to boogie the night away, whilst also providing some quieter space to allow friends and families to catch up in a more relaxed environment. Make sure the space you hire is roomy enough for people to feel comfortable – and it’s also worth anticipating a few ‘surprise’ plus-ones!
Many party venues have quite strict capacities and curfews, so make sure your invite list is suitably trimmed to ensure everyone can get in and have fun – and communicate in advance when the party needs to wrap up.
Four ways to think outside the box when choosing party venues
- Spice up a birthday party by introducing activities, sports and competitions.
- Bowling, fancy dress or games may be popular with young ones, but certainly aren’t exclusive to kids’ parties.
- Decide on a theme for your party, or introduce a novelty dress code or a theme – such as wine tasting – it will get people talking and allow your guests to get creative.
- A photo booth will ensure the memories last way beyond the party, and a karaoke machine may well mean that those memories are, in fact, best left in the moment!
Secret Spaces can recommend a wide range of party venues to suit your capacity, budget and theme. Take a look at their directory of party places here, to find the ideal space for your special event.summe