Team Building Venues
Take a look and book one of our team building venues
Beautiful thatched threshing barn situated on a working farm.
This stately manor house sits in its own picturesque Cotswolds hamlet.
Luxury purpose-built corporate event venue situated on a private family estate in rural Herefordshire.
Worked with companies big and small to host unforgettable corporate events.
A multi-purpose space suitable for meetings, team building away days, parties and weddings.
Peaceful seclusion offered by this Grade II listed manor house turned exclusive hire event venue.
Stunning multi-purpose venue dating back to 1056.
Wide range of challenging but fun activities and experiences that the team at Hillside can organise.
As you drive down the private road to Kingscote Barn, you leave all the stresses and strains of life behind you at the gate.
A relaxed, exclusive hire country house with endless activities on site.
This family-run venue gives you the flexibility to make it your own, to put your own individual stamp on your event.
Steeped in history, this colourful property with its stunning formal gardens sits proudly in the glorious Cotswold countryside.
Perfectly linked design and décor to fit in with their surroundings, which dates back to the Doomsday Book.
Floor to ceiling glass doors open out onto a Cloister Garden, complete with fountain for al fresco drinks receptions.
Boasting 230 acres of space and stunning historic architecture.
1,000-year history with the ultimate wow-factor for an event.
The rustic charm of the original farm barns with the modern purpose-built additions make this a stunning event venue.
A picturesque country pub and event space, with an award-winning restaurant.
This is one of Cheltenham’s best kept secrets when it comes to event space.
The C16 barn oozes historic character from its thick stone walls and the exposed wooden beams.
A beautifully renovated 1974 classic US Airstream converted into a state-of-the-art mobile meeting room.
With views of historic St. Mary’s Minster, the roof terrace here really is a hidden gem in the heart of Regency Cheltenham.
What’s not to like? An event space dedicated to tasting wonderful wine gets our vote.
Nestled at the foot of the Malvern Hills sits one of the UK’s finest Showgrounds.
This secluded, converted 18th century barn is the ideal venue to host your next event.
Vast grounds, beautiful gardens and stunning architecture with a real wow factor.
The versatile Tasting Room can be used for team building events or a meeting space
What makes a good venue for team building?
The planning of a team building away day can cause quite a stir at the workplace – some people thrive on the opportunity to head beyond the office walls and interact with colleagues in a new environment; others may feel hesitant about stepping out of their comfort zone. A new setting can often inspire a different view on work life and nurture working relationships. However you organise your team building events, the venue is an integral part of proceedings and can provide a welcoming and versatile space to delight and inspire your team, ensuring they get the most from their day out.
Team building away days do not necessarily need to be extreme, physical or outdoors, as is often the perception. Team building venues can provide an inclusive and fun space for all manner of corporate team building activities, catering for the diverse range of tastes and abilities found in any workplace.
Taking your team off-site into external team building venues means there are fewer distractions and less opportunities to quickly check emails or make a call – and choosing the perfect venue is a vital part of your team’s experience.
Here are our top tips for what to look out for when selecting the right team building venues:
How to choose team building venues with multipurpose spaces and outdoor areas
If you’re planning a team building event that carries on into the evening, consider hiring a venue with multiple function rooms or spaces. While a spacious, inviting setting for training or workshopping may be required in the day time, a change of scenery as evening approaches will undoubtedly be welcome and allow your team to let loose a little over a drink or two. On that note – a well-stocked bar is always a popular part of a sociable evening, so if your team building event includes evening drinks then look out for team building venues that can supply a friendly evening reception.
Particularly for summertime events, your team will appreciate a venue with scope to kick back and take a break outdoors. Some of the best ideas and conversations happen in a less formal setting – the stunning Glenfall House in Charlton Kings is a perfect example of a venue with beautifully maintained gardens and space for a stroll and mingle.
How to avoid clichés when planning team building games for work
When the team building away day lands in the diary, your workforce may think they have it sussed – a day packed full of traditional ‘bonding’ exercises such as a confidence courses and awkward ice-breakers. However, your event space can help you to combine fun and function to host a day that not only forges stronger group dynamics, but also allows your team to remember a rewarding, informal few hours away from the workplace.
Kingscote Barn in Tetbury accommodates 150 people and offers an exciting array of team building programmes and corporate fun days, where you’ll be able to follow a morning meeting with an afternoon of activities, both indoors and outside. Make it fun and get creative – a team that laughs together are more likely to work well together and support each other.
Whether it’s scavenger hunts, office trivia, room escape challenges or ‘two truths and a lie’ – your team building venue should accommodate and enhance even the quirkiest of team building activities!
Get the food right and you’re onto a winner!
There’s nothing like a good meal to bring people together. Team building venues should have a strong selection of lunchtime spreads or dinnertime options to really unite your workforce at the most sociable times of the day. Even smaller details like tea, coffee and light snacks help keep people energised and engaged in their activities throughout the day. Encourage your team to leave the packed lunches at home for a day and treat themselves in a venue able to supply a tasty selection of snacks (and don’t forget to sound out your venue about the vegetarians, vegans and those with dietary requirements).
Three suggestions for team building venues with excellent food and drink on offer:
- For a quirky and memorable team building day out, you might even consider cookery classes as a creative activity. Foodworks Cookery School in Cheltenham offers a broad programme of cookery classes that provide fun opportunities for a group to work together – and they also offer packages such as a ‘cook and clay’ day, combining a guided cooking experience with clay pigeon shooting at a nearby shooting school. Now that’s something that will provide lunchtime natter back at the office for weeks!
- Another sure-fire hit comes courtesy of The Wine Library – also in Cheltenham – which will give your team chance to sample some delicious wines and learn more about the wine-making process from a friendly team of connoisseurs. Your team will be the envy of their friends when word gets out their team building away day was spent tasting wine…
- Situated in the Malvern Hills, Crumplebury offers several options for outdoor activities as part of your team building event. From clay pigeon shooting to a Mad Hatters picnic to butchery and sausage making with their chefs. As a well-earned reward, your team can finish off the day with a barbecue and cocktails on their fabulous sunken terrace.
Top three tips for choosing a location for team building venues
There are a few factors to consider when choosing the location for your team building events.
- Taking the team outside of the office into a more remote or scenic venue can heighten the sense of excitement, and the peaceful surroundings can help make the team feel at ease. Travelling together also adds to the camaraderie and an organised transport option means that colleagues don’t need to fret about making their own travel plans for the day.
- For the team building venues with great outdoor spaces, don’t forget that the weather could put a spanner in the works – so speak to the venue about alternative arrangements should rain put a dampener on those ‘hiking in the hills’ plans!
- However you plan to spend your team building even using a venue finding service like Secret Spaces will generate a wide range of versatile team building venues sure to make the day a hit with the whole office.